These paintings are from a variety of projects I made between 2008 and 2010.
- la la land – the land we go to when we sleep: a parallel universe where all is revealed and nothing is hidden
- in limbo – vivid, colourful landscapes populated by a multitude of female figures who
seem to be escaping, but are apparently trapped in a variety of vortices and crevices. Though they are struggling to leave, these women have hope about moving on.
- the book of you and me – an examination of relationships and the tensions and connections between people (lovers, parents, children, etc.)
- purdah – a series of vibrant, colourful images, each of which contain faces and figures which are not
immediately evident. Hidden amongst the rich textures and bold colours are women who are concealed by blending in with their surroundings
- night visitors – we all have monsters and demons within us which rear their ugly heads when we are at our most vulnerable: it is in
the dark when our imaginations give faces to our innermost fears.